1/2 cup shortening
1 cup white sugar
1 TBSP mayonnaise
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 1/2 cups Gluten-free Bisquick
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup (or as many as desired) Enjoy Life allergy-free mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl cream together the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the egg, beating well. Stir in the mayo and bananas.
3. In a separate bowl mix together the Gluten-free Bisquick, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
4. Blend the dry mixture into the banana mixture and stir until evenly combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5.Pour into greased loaf pan and loosely cover the edges with foil to keep them from getting hard.
6. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, remove the foil and continue cooking for another 30-40 minutes (until a toothpick comes out mostly clean). Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.