Wednesday, January 28, 2015

This Week in Stitches 1.28.15

So....I haven't been knitting much the last couple of weeks. A few pairs of fingerless mitts, and a shawl that I am still working on. But, I did finally get a sewing room set up for my new sewing machine, and have been breaking that in.

We moved last August, and of course a new house needs lots of new curtains. My sewing room curtains are my favorite of the new curtains, but they really look better in person. And yes...the spring green paint has to go. Ick.


I've also been making handbags and totes, testing out the different stitches and just in general having fun. Seeing as it has been a very long time since I have had a working sewing machine, and even then I wasn't that good at it I have learned a lot.

These reversible handbags are a new favorite of mine. You can get the pattern and tutorial here.


(note: The top left has the straps correct. I was playing around with these, but decided I like it the correct way best.)

I also made this cute hobo bag:


The fabric for all of these were great thrift store finds. That bright pink lining in the reversible bags is an old flat sheet that I picked up for $.99. I love projects that can be done with scraps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment.